Connecticut Justice of the Peace
Ernest Adams — (860) 543-2334
Celebrating Your Day Your Way!
As a Connecticut Justice of the Peace my privacy policies are very simple:
If you don't tell me your name when we first talk, I will ask for it. I need to know how you pronounce your name so that I can pronounce it properly.
I will not ask whether you were married previously, are pregnant, or what religious tradition (if any) you follow.
If I am required by law to reveal information about you, I will tell you in advance what I am going to say as long as the law allows me to do so.
I am ethically bound to protect your privacy. I still must comply with all proper requests for information that come from law enforcement officers.
- Other than the above,
- After you decide that I am going to perform your ceremony, I will ask to see positive identification (required by law), such as your drivers' licenses or passports. (It may be possible to use other identification instead.)
- I do not want copies of your identification, and I do not keep any records of any of the numbers on your identification.
- I do not want to know your Social Security Numbers for any reason! Nor do I want to know your credit card numbers.
- I will take brief notes so that I do not have to ask the same basic questions when we speak again.
- I will not reveal your last names, email addresses, phone numbers, or anything else that identifies you personally without your permission.
- I will not reveal your first names if you request that I do not.
- I will not call you without your permission.
- I will not send email to you without permission.
- I will not share your phone numbers or email addresses with anyone.
- You have the right to view all the notes that I have taken about your wishes and ceremony.
- If you and I decide that you should talk to someone else (a specific caterer, for example), you will be given that person's contact information. I will not give that person your info.
- If you tell me that you no longer want me to contact you I will immediately stop calling and stop sending email.
- I may ask to display one or more pictures of your ceremony. You have every right to refuse, and I will honor your request.
- You have the right to change your mind. If you decide that you want me to remove your picture(s) from my Site, I will do so as soon as possible.
- If you tell me that you have received outstanding service, I will ask you to write a brief testimonial for my use. You have every right to decline.
- If you do write a testimonial, I will use only your first names unless you explicitly give me permission to do otherwise. (If you prefer, just your initials could be used instead of your first names.)
- You will not be contacted by someone else on my behalf, unless I am physically unable to contact you myself.
- In the extremely unlikely event that your data are stolen from me, I will attempt to contact you as soon as possible to tell you what was taken and when.
If you have any questions, please call me at (860) 543-2334. I am here to serve you!